Composite Product Type lets you bundle your products in various ways to form new products.
Some of the scenarios for you to create a composite product are:
- Create a Package Bundle containing several products.
- Selling product in a different quantity. (i.e. 1 Pack = 6 Bottles).
- As a Bill of Materials (list of raw materials for an end-product)
Follow these steps below to add a new composite product:
I. Via User Interface
1. Before you create composite product, you should add the materials of the composite product first.
In this example, we want to create "Value Meal" containing 3 products 1 Cola + 1 Fries + 1 Chicken
2. Go to Product, click Add then fill the product's information and choose Composite as the Type
3. Switch to the 'Configuration' tab menu and configure the composition for the product
As you add components for your composite product, the UnitCost of the composite product is automatically updated based on the UnitCost of the components you've added.
II. Bulk Operation via IMPORT CSV function
To learn more about standard product importing, please follow the below article
After you assign product code to each material, you can create Components column which contains the formula for your composite product