Sometimes you want to use a unique marking system for your products with barcode to make the selling and transaction process easier and faster.
This article specifically explain the steps on installation and settings configuration of Barcode Printer Zebra GT820 (GT800EPL).
*Please use the Mozilla Firefox browser to print barcodes using Zebra GT820 Barcode Printer.
First thing you want to do is to connect your printer to your PC and install the driver. (You can get the driver here Zebra_7.3.8)
A. Installation Printer Driver
At the Driver Installation window, choose the Other option for the question of "How is this printer going to be attached?" (see the picture below), and then just click Next.
On the next window, you will prompted to choose one of the list of printer models. Choose the "Zebra GT800 - EPL", and click Next.
After you connect printer's hardwares to your system and install the driver, you need to adjust the printer's preferences to the Deal POS system.
B. PRINTING PREFERENCES
1. You will find Zebra GT820 printer inside the Devices and Printers menu, under the Printers and Faxes section. And then right click on it and choose Printing Preferences -> Zebra GT800-EPL, and a new window will open.
2. Click on the Page Setup tab menu, and click on the New button to set a new setting.
*Choose the Portrait 180 for the Orientation section if you want to set the orientation of the label printing to upside down (optional).
3. Another window will open and prompt you to enter the name for the new setting and its label sizes. And for the label size setting, enter the following numbers. After finished editing all the fields, click OK.
4. Then click on the Stock tab menu, and change the setting like the picture below, and click OK.
C. MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER PRINT MENU
IN-SYSTEM BARCODE PRINT SETTINGS
1. When you're ready to print the barcodes, you can go to the specific product's barcode that you want to print in Deal POS (Products - More Menu - Product Barcode - Add the product you want to print). Make sure the Paper Source is set to Continuous - 3 Column, and click the Options button on top right corner of the screen.
After you finished setting the options, click OK.
2. Then click an the Open Firefox Menu button, and choose Print. It will open the Print Preview page. Click on Page Setup button on top left corner, then set all margin to 0, except for the left margin, set it on 0,2.
Dont forget to setup the Margin with 0 and setup the margin and footer with blank
And then just click on Print button. After that you will move to print preview
3. And the final step, dont forget to check once again "name" printer before print the barcode and then click OK