This Article will explain about what is estimate order and how to use the estimate feature?
Estimate is used when customer reserves order, but hasn't deal with the noted down prices in the estimate detail. You can set estimate either convert to a sales order or directly to an invoice. To set the convertion, you can follow the steps below :
1. Setting Estimate Order "Setup - Module Advanced Configuration - Sell Tab menu".
2. You can go to Estimate by clicking more menu button in the Sell session.
3. Input the order detail and submit the estimate.
** You can put note if it's necessary
4. You can find the created Estimate in the Orders menu.
5. Convert Estimate.
A. Convert estimate --> Sales Order --> Invoice
You can convert your estimate to a Sales Order by clicking 'Convert Sales Order' button and fill PO number
Convert Sales Order to Customer Invoice, you can also convert sales order to invoice customer.
PS : in a sales order detail, you can send delivery but not able to add any payment
B. Convert Estimate ---> Invoice
You can convert your estimate to a Invoice by clicking 'Convert Invoice' button and fill PO number
6. After You convert the Sales order to an Invoice, you can check it in "Order - Customer Invoice" menu.
You can add payment and also a delivery of the invoice detail